Tuesday, June 22, 2010

sleep

I've had some difficulties with my work lately, My apparent newfound need for sleep, is leaving me exposed to certian types I've long managed to avoid, back when I could do without sleep. I've been drinking plenty of coffee and doing what I can to stave it off and stay awake, and far away from their amphibious paws.
Unfortunatly, my work is beginning to suffer for it, one f the new automotons I had been working on, I neglected to tighten a bolt, and her body spectacularly exploded, so she is now back to a somewhat chatty head on my worktable. I might have to give in and sleep, I'll just have t make sure to erect the right formula to keep them at bay.

I've also noticed, the new machine, I keep finding it running, It has been draining much of the power from the plant, I only intended it to be activated at certian times for research, as it is such a drain. I returned from Innsmouth to find it had been running all day. Miss Gizzy swears she doesn't touch it, and I'm sure she doesn't know what levers to pull anyway, And I know Miss Macbain wouldn't know how to activate it, besides, she's been too busy apparantly flirting with Dayafter. She lacks the knowledge to do so also. Maby Miss Darkfold has, I'll have to ask. otherwise, the pengi's are the only one's left, and te generally don't show much interest in anything other than coal, fish, liquor, or violence.
It's constant running has also been a problem in other areas, the machine was built to make it easier for the spirits of the dead to communicate in this world, when it's been running unattended for so long, there's no telling what could have come through. I have already been finding my tools tossed around, my couch upturned, and my dinosaur egg smashed, as well as have been hearing voices.

I was iceskating last week, as usual, my skill on theice stops at, well, stopping, as I sped quite amiably into walls, there was a reason I was always goaly on the team in school. Meanwhile i watch Dayafter skate all over with Star like they were in some sort of figureskating contest, he's certiantly enough of a ponce for that.
I'm looking forward to the spring thaw.


Miss Gizzy has also been acting odd, often taking off and ignoring tasks I assign her too, I'm not sure if there is still something damaged from the fire, or if it's just a mechanical version of adolescence.

meanwhile Miss Lisa, anytime I activate her, she just dances and repeatedly tells me not to feed the pengi, wich has agitated them to no end, I finally deactivated her, dissassembled her, and packed her away in crates until i can work out what the problem is.

Mr. Nightshade's formula, I'm at a loss how to complete it, possibly from lack of sleep. though he has said he's had some progress at least.

I'm honestly half tempted at this rate to pack up everything, lock down the plant, and just go back to Antartica permanently, wih all these setbacks and dificulties I've been running into, on top of it all, I keep finding people in the cemetary trying to dig it up, and they're not even in my employ!

No comments:

Post a Comment