Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Footman's Log Nov. 15th

After 'visiting' Underby, I'm still not entirely convinced he doesn't have some sort of sinister plot going on, even though the militia see's hom as some paragon of virtue for 'caring for' the sickly clockwinder.
Right now though there isn't too much to be done about it, aside from watching him, wich despite what I had suggested, Miss Macbain still plans n doing, at least I talked her into being an outside cat when she does. I've also been working on a device to watch over parts of the city, incorporating a miniature gyroscope and some spare eyes I had, I'm thinking of calling it the 'eye n the sky', if I can ever get it to work.
I've also agreed to pay for the services of some urchins, two of them had come into the plant and took an eel to eat, they're fortunate the eels weren't active right then, or that tey didn't fall into the tank.
I heard them yelling from the lab, and had come out just in time to see them round the corner with an eel. I followed to find them both sitting on the tracks that run past my plant to the port.
They had quickly hid the eel, and I suggested they not do that again, then after they were almost smeared along the tracks by the next tram I advised them to nt sit on the tracks fr their lunch.
Somehow after all this, the conversation turned to my work, and an agreement was made, they would bring me bodies for my experiments, and I will pay them for the service. It seems like a good way to get myself some test subjects, (the pengi usually bring them to me in peices), while giving some urchins something productive to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment