Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Footman's Log, January 22, 18XX

I had been in Palisades today, taking a break from overseeing the work at the plant, and decided to stop in at Miss Macbain's to see how she was feeling.
he claimed to be feeling fine aside from the cough (wich seems to be a matter of state now), but then mentioned an incident that made her heart panic. I asked her what had happened, but all she would tell me was she had some visitors that upset her. Knowing Miss Macbain I didn't press much aside from telling her to let me know when there's trouble, and i will help the best I can, then when i was sure she was alright for now, took my leave. Saying Hello to Pip on my way out who was strangely standing on her upper window terrace lurking.

Once i returned to the plant, I assigned #'s 5 and 9 to 'stake out' her home, stay out of sight, and alert me if there is trouble such as Underby's hench-thug.

After that, I sat in the couch in front of the furnace to have some cheese, as Sixpence entered the plant. he seemed to guess the serum had been a success, and asked what my other plans are, I told him the basics for some of my future plans, such as the construction clank (as i've studied Miss Gizzy enough to beleive I can reverse engineer her cognigator now), the vegetables, and of course my research into 'other' power sources.
He then seemed thoughtful, and offered to show me something.

We went to his lab in Clockhaven, where he showed me an alchemical formula in the floor, apparantly meant to boost physical and mental attributes. But he claimed it was missing something. I of course offered to help with it, so then tacked another project in my notes.
we had then talked more on m research in 'alternate' sources of power. I brought up how fairies don't seem strong enough to fare in this city well, I needed something stronger than a few pixies imported from other lands. I had mentioned sme f my early research in the occult, summoning demons, and how it burned half the Antartic colony last time attempted as much,
Sixpence agreed demons were too dangerous, jokingly offering Underby as a substitute in a battery, but as I returned home, I have to admit my mind calculated the power required to burn down a half mile of colony.

No comments:

Post a Comment