Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Footmans Logg, Dec ?? 188X

I had lost track of time during this latest test, Miss Macbain had been showing some concern about the upcoming experiment, about the pain the poison she will be injected with will cause, while I can't garauntee the serum will not cause pain, I would much rather not cause her more pain than nessicary.
So, naturally, I injected myself with the poison to test it.
it is similar to the 'zombie' drug utilized by voodoo preists, houdoun, in areas such as New Orleans.
Te drug itself lowers your metabolizm to a state near death, though too much time without the antidote can bring you to true death.

True death was not so much my concern as I injected the poison directly to my bloodstream, by way of my jugular...

I awoke sometime later to Miss Gizzy, holding a Hypodermic of serum in her hand, leaning over me.

"What Happened? I come home from shopping to find you laying in the lab dead! Don't do that to me! I had to look all over the building for your serum, wy did you do something so stupid anyway?!"

"Miss Gizzy, as much as I love the personality you have developed, please refrain from calling anything I do 'stupid' ever again, If you must know, Miss Macbain, her upcoming procedure, I was testing the poison to be sure it will give her no pain."

Miss Gizzy gave me a look, "why are you going through with it if you're so worried?"

"I have given Miss Macbain ample oppertunity to back out, and she hasn't, I owe it to her to make sure it goes as smoothely as possible, seeing how she hadn't yet run for the hills to hide, don't you think?"
I had asked, a little shortly.

Miss Gizzy just gave me a dirty look, nodded, and went up to the Rama to sulk no doubt.


also, I have hired Miss Darkfold as my lab assistant, Miss Macbain seems be upset, saying we can't trust her, it's probably just jealousy, thought I can't imagine why, public relations is much more than a simple lab assistant, both in pay and rank."

No comments:

Post a Comment