Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Footman's Log. Oct. 9th (beggining of the outbreak)

Last nights unveiling of Mr. OHare.....could have gone better. it started out fine, He stayed fairly well behaved, even remembered the dance Miss Gizzy ,unfortunatly, taught him when she was snooping.
sadly though, the collar malfunctioned, it fell off. for weeks it worked perfectly, both on Mr. oHare, and the purloined No. 5, so naturally, it as to malfunction, right. in. my. presentation.....
I'm a little....annoyed, panic happened, as can be expected, once free of the device, Mr. OHare went for the crowd, trying to bite. I ran inside to fetch a weapon, but apparantly he fell into the canals by the time I came out and was washed away. shortly after the crowd dispersed, (fortunatly none had flaming torches this time), I had explained about the stolen No. 5 to the Clockwinder and Miss Frye, and about the subjects so far. Shortly after, Mr. Sixpence and Lo verified to me OHare was still in the sewers, and apparantly bit Sixpence. I examined him in my clinic/lab, but he seems strangely immune, and was already healing. I had explained some of my research behind the serum that reanimated the zombies, and apparantly mutates in certain bloodtypes into a highly contagious disease. he suggested destroying the serum, and the eel generators as they supply some of the power needed to refine it, I pointed out how that was not the option, besides, the eel vats are already supplying power to a few other locations in the city, free of charge, and I need the serum, for my condition, that is.
Sixpence did have an interesting notion, that the collar, that had worked fine in all tests, would suddenly fail at the worst possible time, suggesting sabotage, I've had attempts on my life before, but have to say, if they beleive zombies would do me in, they didn't do their homework, still, there was a pale man I had seen just before No. 5 dissapeared, and a pale man is what Miss Gizzy claimed tampered with her cognigator, but idle speculation doesn't solve problems.


Miss Aya came in later for our appointment in overhauling the mechanisms to the eel vats, but seemed strangely sick and left early, and I hear Mr, Frakture is not feeling too well himself, I may need to visit them to put them down before they get much worse and spread the infection...

No comments:

Post a Comment