Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Serum tests

I had been in my lab earlier yesterday. While I had all the remaining zombies, and corpses shipped back to Antartica for keeping, there had been some tests I had wanted to run. After the incident, I had aquired a few samples of Dayafter's cure, and had been working on a few mixes of serum with cure.
I had hit up the graveyard I had seen in the Academy district ((OOC I'm not sure if it's still there, or was just a halloween decoration, but using it anyway)) and had taken a few peices, as well as the aputated limbs from some of my past patients, to test the mixes on. First I had injected the serum into one of the corpses from the graveyard, it reacted as I expected, reanimating the carcass into a snapping biting undead, fortunatly I removed all the limbs first this time. Eitherway, I then injected the cure, the zombie just went back into it's original dead state, apparantly the cure does not work on those who had been dead for awhile.

My next step was an amputated arm, if I remember correctly, it had originally been from a man who had rushed in with a bullet wound, and left as soon as he could think through the pain of the amutation, took my best bottle of whiskey too. I injected the serum, watching the hand flex and grip a few times, then the cure, lkewise, it reverted back to dead meat. In this case, the results were inconclusive, as unattached limbs often would revert back after the serum had run out, being as theirs no full circulatory system.

I then took another prepaired corpse, this one more recently deceased, the Pengi had found it floating near the port, thought the damage to the neck suggests hanging was the cause of death. This time I injected the corpse with an equal mix of 50 parts serum, and 50 parts cure, and the body did seem to restore itself, to an extent, the limbs did not grow back as they had some of the zombified citizens, but the skin did regenerate over the stumps, the body blinked, looked at me with actual intelligence behind it's eyes, then immediatly proceeded to turn blue, and then the head exploded. The blueness could be explained by the damage to the throat possibly, the trachea had been pinched shut, the exploding brain matter, I am not too sure about, I could have had the mixture wrong.

I will take what I can use from the fresher corpse, and store it, and have the pengi incinerate the rest tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment