Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Footman's Log Feb 14th. 18XX

The sudden need of sleep is starting to bother me, I caught 20 minutes today on the table in the lab/clinic.
it's the safest place right now, and still the whole time, I saw them pawing at the edges of my sleep.
Miss Macbain and Tenk had commented on my eyes, but I told them it was simply lack of sleep. I didn't bother to mention I received acidic fumes to the face when the mechanized armor I had been working on misfired. it should have healed itself by now, I'll give myself an injection later.

The voices have been getting louder at time, and I'm sure I've seen someone dancing in the cemetary one night, I keep finding the machine activated when I'm not there, and so far my attempts at contacting one of the old empire's engineer's has failed, I've mostly gotten contact with mill workers and one sad urchin spirit.
I'm considering shelving the project and packing away the machine, its constant self activation is leaving me worried, the pengi won't enter the plant anymore, and Miss Gizzy has completely dissappeared.

But enough bad news, The Steamjack Armor is in it's first trials, and was a semi success. The shoulder mounted cannons worked fine, but there's still some flaws
in the movment and armor plating. I'm hoping to complete it soon, and
present it to the militia. The Ladies Fire Brigade might find use for them too, they are of a heat resistant design afterall.

ALICE still needs me to build her a body, but her conversations, she is a chatterbox.

It is late, I wasted too much time in the bar talking with people, Star and Miss Frye mostly.
I should get another 30 minutes rest, too long and they might come through..

No comments:

Post a Comment