Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Exploring the Deeps

After the recent apparant attempt on my (semi) life, I needed to relax a bit, so I took the Iron Kraken (now fully mobilized for combat, thank you for the help LordInquisitor)
out to the Vernian Deeps to look around.
I pulled out from Port.



heading out to sea (this is a headon view, as the Iron Kraken moves like a real giant squid, so the guns and bow are the end of the cone, apparantly someone was confused as to why I was always going backwards :p )





As I went farther out, I came across what almost looked like smokestacks, underwater



I took the Kraken further to find out more, and soon came acro what looked like a pile of wreckage, including Ti ny's leg?(nature photo of a jellyfish included for those of an oceaniczoological bent)



I brought the Kraken down farther, and donning my diving eqiptment, disembarked to look closer, apparantly attracting attention from a local shark





I approached the leg of Tiny, wondering when he was damaged, and thought I had seen someone standing inside, but it must have been my imagination


Turning from the leg, I approached the pile of wreckage, somehow, from the way it was arranged, t almost looked like a house



As I approached, the shark seemed to finally make up it's mind and come for me,



fortunatly, hitting it on the nose with my lantern seemed to dissuade it from biting (I dubt it would enjoy the taste anyway)

I entered the wreckage through what looked like an old diving bell, nd what I found almost makes me beleive there are people ving here, n the water, maybe the caretakers of the temple of Dagon, maybe the merman dicovered sometime back, maybe mermaids or those lobsterpeople immigrating from Armada, maybe even the elusive sea urchin.



Leaving in a hurry before having to explain to some angry denizen of the deep why I was in his home, I soon came across giant geodes, they were enormous, I cult stand upright, inside one




After taking a sample, I hurried back to the Kraken, pausing to look at some other sights (honestly, since oceanograpy is not my strong point, have no idea what these are, underwater mushrooms?)



I soon boarded the Kraken again, and commanded the Pengi to disembark again, pausing to look at the wreckage of some poor sod's ironclad, must not of survived that battle I guess

No comments:

Post a Comment