Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Do not play with Elder things

I was returning from my recent trip to the family estates in Antartica, when I came across an island far out to sea , where I had found an interesting circle of stones, I wasn't able to identify the stones it was composed of, however, they reacted strangely to my guantlets.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I took a small sample of the strange rock, and continued on my way back to Babbage. I had forgotten about the sample for a month or two with all the business with Oblininskia, until finding it recently again in the drawer to my desk.

Most of my scientific testing of the sample yielded no results, so I turned to....less.....scientific methods.

Aided by one of the pengi's, I drew one of the 12 Circles of Yobb, as found on page 3,987 of the G'lngh'ytthe Codex onto the deck of the Rama, I placed the sample in the center, and adjusting my guantlets to their aetherical settings, said the words 'Klatuu Barada, Nikto"

Photobucket

At this, the sky darkened, the wind picked up, and a terrible ripping noise poundd the air
as the fabric of reality was ripped open, etc, etc, eitherway, something began pushing it's way through,
Photobucket

The creature knocked the pengi off the deck (fortunatley whoever originally built the pengi's built them to be durable), and began tearing the boards from the deck, pulling the lines for the airbag, and making a mess as it pulled it's way further through

Not wanting to deal with the hassle of removing another Elder being from another airship, I readjusted the settings on my guantlets and began to close whatever gate I had opened up

Photobucket

the creature fought hard, and it took much of the energy in my gauntlets, and I myself wuld be needing another infusion soon as well, but it eventually weakened.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Eventually, the creature retreated back to it's own dimension, and I was able to seal the rift, unfortunalty, the sample was depleted during this whole business. More research into the symbols on the stone circle has lead me to beleive it was meant to open a much larger gate, However, when I returned to to island to research it more, it was mysterously gone..

No comments:

Post a Comment