Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Footman's Logg Dec: 23

I had arrived in Clockhaven in time to see Padre Moonwell leave in a rush, apparantly he was called in to excorcize Underby's old home, and was spooked. Miss Macbain and I entered to see what could have spooked the old preist and found nothing. Eventually a small group had formed outside and the discussion took a few turns, from ghosts, to sewer women, to the New Babbage dinosaur a few months back. The automoton I had met at the Gangplank a few days ago had been there, refuting the existance of all of t of course, infallibly logical (I would like to get a chance to take him apart and see how he works before putting him back together, but will respect another man's work not to do so). Eventually, when I mentioned some of my research into supernaural beings and power generation, he started making claims that Mss Darkfold was not human. She denied t of course, but it peaked my curiosity, Astor kept claiming she was some sort of sea creature, and with my expedition to capture a live mermaid on hold until spring, I was more intriqued. I offered t buy Miss Darkfold a drink at the Gangplank, as Miss Macbain was there too at the time. I bought both ladies a round and watched Astor's run it with his creator, Lionheart, (wich was very entertaining by the by). Miss Darkfold had changed her mind and said she just had water earlier, so Miss Macbain managed to have 2 rounds. During the commotion of Astor and Lonheart, I had a whispered conversation with Mss Macbain, as we were going to kidnap find out if Darkfold truly wasn't human. I offered to show her the recently discovered cemetary on my land, and we set off. At the plant, Miss Darkfold viewed the graves, some as old as he old empire by my reckoning. Sixpence then arrived, causing another distraction, but eventuall he left, then sadly Miss Macbain had to return home, leaving me to determine on my own if Darkfold was as Astor claimed...

Suffice to say, she is nothing but a perfectly, normal, human woman, not a sense of fishyness about her...none at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment