Tuesday, June 22, 2010

new construction

The Pengi have finished work on the new lab and clinic, it's now located on a loft over a sittng area. I've also had a furnace added to the facility, as ever since I awoke on the Rama, I've been feeling the cold more than I have in years strangely enough. the stovepipe goes up through the loft, to heat upstairs as well. and of course the construction of the walls is brick this time.
Miss Gizzy seems none the worse for wear, I'm honestly glad she was able to find someone able to do the needed repairs when I was unavailable. I still have to see about having a new casing cast for her, though she seems to have adjusted to her metal exposed fairly well.

My health seems to have improved greatly, I can now breathe without aid of a rebreather, the damage to my lungs seeming to have healed, I've also noticed much of the scar tissue seems to have healed as well. Apparantly the serum does not regrow lost organs however, so I will still require the shoggoth heart, as an examination shows no new heart growing, but that was expected, the serum is only to heal, nt to regenerate what isn't there afterall.
Fortunatly one of my larger concerns, rejection of many of my own surgeries, seems to have been in vain, as everything else appears to be working just as it should.

I've also admidst the new construction, while watching the pengi hang the bunting up around the plant for founder's week, looked over my upcoming schedual, now that the serum finally appears to be perfected, the formula has been sent to the Harbor Landing colony for production, as I can finally use it to heal patients rather than have to hope for whatever surgeries to take on their own. Gizzy told me Miss Macbain had been under the impression I wished to sell it, the thought had crossed my mind once, but the serum being what it is, it is something that need be strictly controlled, for now I will just use it in my clinic, for the patients too far gone for simple surgery to save.

but for now, now that the serum has finally been perfected, and my health is much better, I can move my attentions to other projects, such as the construction clank, my research into the old quarter, and the fey battery and generator project. I may have to expand the facility

No comments:

Post a Comment