Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Martian crabs, and setting off explosives on a saturday (really wednsday) night

Since the objects that crashed into Tamayhamayha Hall have recently developed into full fleged crab creaures (with little ones) and seem to be building some sort of structure. I tok it upon myself to look into it. The creatures stood silent flanking their project, and watching the smaller ones build reminded me of ants, perhaps they're similar, with the smaller ones acting as the worker caste, and the larger ones as the soldier caste. I made sure I was sufficiently armed, after hearing some acounts of the creatures firing. and looked around, meeting Mr. Xigalia and Miss Strazytski, who were also looking at th structure. After some discussion, it was decided to try and detonate the thing, now that there wasn't anyone to protest this time. The creatures seemed inactive, just standing like statues, maybe it was their sleep cycle, or they were replenishing their sotre of energy, eitherway they weren't very responsive. we tried Mr. Xigalaia's dynamite first, and either it was a dud, ineffective, or both, thn I tried a custom made bomb laced with a highly explosive alchemical formula i had developed. It made an impressive explosion, for all the creatures and their spire seemed to care, as none of them were scathed. then Miss Strazytski painted the top with some sort of explosive paint, again, no effect. the other two eventually wandered off. So after standing vigal for a bit longer, I again assigned a pengi to watch, leaving it with plenty of espresso this time and threats of smelting if it doesn't stay awake this time!

Photobucket

Photobucket
blakopalComment by blakopal on May 8, 2009 at 12:48pm
Delete Commentif anyone want to be comfortable whilst being vigilant in their keeping an eye on the 'creatures' there's an excellent vantage point from the steampunk treehouse on the cliffs above the site. with lovely couches and beverages to enjoy. surely we can be social whilst on patrol. *g*
Cral DenimoreComment by Cral Denimore on May 8, 2009 at 5:49pm
Delete CommentI have recconoitered the alien machines' base of operations, and, relying on the accounts of apparent aggression by our "visitors," I would recommend that the citizens of New Babbage retain the right to respond in kind, in the event of renewed hostile activity. Based on my assessment, I believe sidearms will prove useless.

Therefore, I suggest the establishment of a large caliber gun emplacement near the nest. Such a weapon should be designed so as to be able to be employed by any member of the militia. Of course, this option would be only be excercised if necessary to defend our community and it's citizenry, should diplomacy fail
Katherine MontparkComment by Katherine Montpark on May 8, 2009 at 8:25pm
Delete CommentOoo, I like both th' idea for the gun and watching from th' treehouse. I'll be keeping all my watches on th' beasties there from now on!
GenieComment by Genie on May 9, 2009 at 2:05am
Delete CommentIf I had my *powers*, I could just magick them away!

No comments:

Post a Comment