Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Clockwork Cove

After hearing tales of the mysterious spire rising from the southern part of the sea, I decided to have a look myself.
Flying the Oroboros closer through the fog..



I came in for a landing on an apparent airship platform, and wandered a bit looking for a way up, I eventually found a lift, but it was locked, so I took the one next to it and went down.


Once the lift decended to the bottom, it opened up to some worn docks, I stepped off the lift just as a suspicious ruffian came around the corner and demanded to know why I was there:



we had a fairly interesting conversation, while he ran to snatch up a crowbar, I was fingering the chainsword under my coat the whole time we conversed:

16:06] Zebrati Merricks looks groggy.
[16:06] Zebrati Merricks: Oi who are you and what are you doing here?
[16:06] You: Hello
[16:06] Connected
[16:06] You: just visiting
[16:06] Zebrati Merricks runs to the side of the shack.
[16:07] Zebrati Merricks comes back with a crobar.
[16:07] Zebrati Merricks: Are you here for buisness?
[16:07] You: and who are you?
[16:07] Zebrati Merricks: Invitation or trasspass?
[16:07] Zebrati Merricks readies the crowbar.
[16:07] You: more like sightseeing
[16:07] Zebrati Merricks: Then its the last one.
[16:07] Zebrati Merricks: The doctor dosnt take kind to towsfolk without invites or buisness.
[16:08] Zebrati Merricks: Id suggest you leave *he gets in a stance*
[16:08] You: I don't beleive I've met him yet, he's the one who built the clank isn't he? the fellow with the moustache?
[16:09] Zebrati Merricks: Your stalling....and I am authorized to use force.
[16:09] Zebrati Merricks dosnt look happy but he dosnt look fully up.
[16:09] You: actually I am only asking questions, as any tourist would do
[16:09] Zebrati Merricks: Well then let me put it in your terms.
[16:09] Zebrati Merricks: We're closed.
[16:10] Zebrati Merricks: Now get on your transport and beat it.
[16:10] You: well, with the shoddyness of your elevators, no wonder you're closed
[16:10] Dreddpiratebob Streeter is Offline
[16:11] Zebrati Merricks: Start moving....or I face the concequences.
[16:12] You: friendly sort aren't you? alright, I suppose I'l go then
[16:12] Zebrati Merricks: Be happy I wasnt close enough for my rifle.... *he looks as you head into the elevator*
[16:13] Zebrati Merricks: Airship travel I hope. Its a long fall.
[16:13] You: of course, it's the only way to travel
[16:13] Zebrati Merricks: Right then...*he hits the operation button and stands near you wearily*
[16:14] You: so do you work for the good doctor?
[16:14] Zebrati Merricks glances back at you. "Do I look like a guide?"
[16:14] Zebrati Merricks pushes the gate open.
[16:15] You: no, you look like a very suspicious person
[16:15] Zebrati Merricks: Sadly for you I just got up and havnt prepared for the day....or night in this case.
[16:15] You: that would exlain the morning bedhead
[16:16] You: or night
[16:16] Zebrati Merricks: My hair is actually fine....
[16:16] Zebrati Merricks: Now board your craft.
[16:16] Zebrati Merricks messes with his hair with his free hand a bit.
[16:17] Grendel Footman boards the blimp and starts the engines


I must have caught him unaware as he hadn't even had a shirt on.

I rose the Oroboros a few thousand feet over the complex, and watching through the telescope in the cabin, I waited until the shirtless ruffian left the area before popping open the door and as dawn arrived, jumpedback out, (the perfect time for me to try out my new parachute).


Unfortunatly I missed the landing platform completely and came down more or less back at the docks.



Not one to worry, I simply climbed up the many stairs, bridges, and walkways to the large clock on the side of the mountain. There was a door on the side, but any of my attempts to open it were met with an automaton voice telling me I was not authorized.

So I went in through the curtains underneath. Making my way up to where all the clockworks could be found.


Sadly I was only able to make it as far as the airship landing, as the other lift just would not open for me.

As the day became brighter, I called down the Oroboros by it's Aetheric Piloting Device and boarded, I'll have to return sometime and pay the good doctor a visit I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment