Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Footman's Log, Jan 9th, 18XX

Tonight's experiment appears to be a success! My new asssitant Miss Darkfold, and a visiting Mr. Sixpence had witnessed my brilliance.
I had blended a new formula, utilizing the original serum, and a recreated batch of Dayafter's vaccine after I analyzed it, but had been worried as the new formula was causing the subjects to...explode...
It was after the discovery of a similar project, and retreival of the formula from that other experiment, that seemed to be the missing element. As the new serum, with the addition of the other mixture, when injected into the head I had prepared, seemed to fully bring it back, as the eyes looked at me, and the mouth formed words, not only that, but the decreption in the flesh seemed to heal.
Of course the head soon died having no circulatory system, oxygen supply, or body, but it was alive and self aware for the short time. I felt more confident on the upcoming experiment.

Mr. Sixpence, I had asked to take Miss Gizzy's role manning a vaccine gun in case things got out of hand.
he had arrived, with Miss Darkfold shortly after.
I had prepared the lab already when Miss Macbain arrived and laid on the table. I strapped her in only as added precaution to prevent another outbreak of the zombie plauge. and after offering he the chance to back out one more time, injected her with the poison first.
It had taken about 5 minutes for the poison to take efect, as her speach slurred, she evntually closed her eyes and fell silent. I checked for a pulse finding only a very slight pulse, she was near death, as was planned, we were recreating the conditions that had lead to my own injection, near death was nessicary, I would try for bringing back someone fully dead later on a fresh corpse. Miss Darkfold kept singing to herself and looking out the window during this phase, she says it was only a childhood song, but I have my suspicions, considering her nature..

Once I was sure Star was practically dead, I then injected her with the serum...

It took a minute, I was afraid it had failed completely at first as I hadn't heard any improvement in her heartbeat, in fact it sounded as if it stilled at first. Then it started up again, much like starting up a motor, as Miss Macbain awoke, and screamed.
I had told her, while the poison was painless...that first shock from the serum is agonizing...sadly there wasn't much way I could make it easier for her, but at least I could warn her.

Her scream subsided, and after muttering 'frag', I took it as a sign of her coherency. She said she felt sick, wich was to be expected, it's a common side effect of the serum and should pass, pluss she still had the poison in her system. She was brought water, at wich point she worried me as she seemed to become delirious. I myself had been delerios after my first procedure, but that had passed after a bit, her's seemed t stay. I suspect it was the poison still in her system. I was going to try a vomiting agent, but Miss Darkfold seemed to have an interesting medicine, that mostly seemed to help, but would take 7 hours she had told me.

Mr. Sixpence had left at that point, promising to check on Miss Macbain, as Miss Darkfold and I brought her to the sfa downstairs to rest...and after a few moment's consideration and concern for my sofa, I brought a bucket. Star soon fell asleep.

We will keep her under observation over the weekend, Miss Darkfold had already offered to watch her tonight, and Miss Gizzy should be returning, and has instructions to watch her as well, bring her water, food, all that. After the weekend, i will examine her to see how her health is, and run some tests. but for all intents and purposes, I think I've finally suceeded...wich raises some interesting questions on my own condition, and it's curability...

Eitherway, I am a genius!

No comments:

Post a Comment