Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Post Oblineskian Occupation: exploring the observatory

After the previous nights events and having witnessed the destruction and apparant death of Dr. O.
and the routing of his minions, I returned to th observatory to look around, and make sure no Oblineskians were still lurking around.

Photobucket

As I guessed, it was completely empty, lackey's having all run off.

Photobucket

going upstairs, I found a throne at the head of a curved table, probably where he plotted, I was tempted to cart the throne back with me, but abandoned that idea when I realized I had nowhere's to put it.

Photobucket

poor senile old fool honestly thought he ruled Babbage.

Photobucket

After using the telescope to view the dressing rooms at the champaign to study the layout of the stars and see if they were 'right', I returned downstairs, fully ready to leave, when I found a hidden room underneath.

Photobucket

I looked around, seeing little more than a bookcase, and some sort of empty display tank. Not much for a hidden room. Leaning against the bookcase in irritation, I found yet another hidden door that led to a room with a deep shaft going downwards.

Photobucket

With no elevator, I took a leap of faith and freefalled climbed my way downwards. After resetting some bones, I traveled onward, soon the tunnel ended in a dead end, with just a switch,
hitting said switch let me out of what appeared t be a large radio in a well furnished room.

Photobucket

Apparantly the tunnel led to the Dr.'s submarine docks under the Vernian, I looked around, admiring the paintings on he wall and wondering why a plate was under glass,

Photobucket

when I wandered upstairs. Any submersibles Dr. O had were now long gone, but there was an odd crab-like automoton in the corner.

Photobucket

Looking at it, it definatly looked unfriendly, but was apparantly inactive, Not too sure what it did, but it might be a stroke of luck the automoton wasn't used by the Oblineskians.

Diving into the sub docking area, and swimming to the surface, I boarded my ship and sailed back to port, pretty much assured there were no lurking remnant's of Dr. O's forces around. Though I'd definatly reccommend a thourough search of the observatory and confiscation of any devices found, and possibly reclaim the building itself for Babbage, rename it the 'Footman Memorial Observatory' maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment