Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Footman's log, Jan 24th, 18XX

Miss Darkfold and I were discussing things in the lab earlier, aside from the usual comments I've been getting about my appearance for some reason, she had also mentioned her interest in studying spirits. I have preformed similar research, so offered her the laboratory's resources for her disposal. She also mentioned, a feeling, something with the recently rediscovered cemetary I had reopened. Miss Darkfold claims the spirits are being drawn to the plant, possibly from a combination of the electricity the generators give off, and the close proximity of the mythos symbol burned into the floor of the lab, both operating as a sort of circuit or conduit for the spirits of the dead to affect the land of the living. I'll admit I've noticed some items moved from were set them and the occasional voices heard, so she may be on to something.

If a device could be built, similar to the reaction occuring with the generators and symbol, and more controllable. perhaps we could communicate, some of those graves date to the old empire, imagine what we could learn.

As we were talking, Pizzarro opened the door, He had been evesdroppng for awhile but I had sad nothing. He tutted around, made some small talk before hurredly leaving so am not sure how much he heard.

I sadly missed the airship race, I had planned on fling the Oroboros II, but other issues took me away from the race, I fortunatl was able to return for the ball at palisades. I danced with Miss Macbain, and quite honestly enjoyed myself, I'm finding I enjoy her company more and more.
We talked while dancing, I told her of yet another future project and she let me know, those
preists had visited....and had given her thinly veiled threats to burn her.
hearing this made me angry, wich have to say I have not felt anger for a matter of year, annoyance yes, never anger. I offered to have a talk with Pizzarro and Moonwell, tell them in no uncertian terms to leave her alone. but Star sad no, I still intend to have a talking t with both those charlatans Priests. I've also ordered the pengi not to allow either one in, to kill if needed.
I don't take kindly to threats against those close to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment