Sunday, October 20, 2013

10/21/18XX The ACS Sparrowwood, over Caledon en-route to New Babbage

/Onboard the ACS Sparrowwood en route back to New Babbage from the Antactic Colonies/ "Yes I know I missed the date of the grand opening of the observatory, I had to make an emergency trip to lab B, it was being invaded by giant albino penguins, you won't beleive the damage they caused to the refinery! anyway, look over my planner and find a time to reschedual, I'll be back in the city within a few more hours, barring any turbulence or air kraken. send word to Miss Aya to let folk know of the delay." Grendel disconnected the signal on the audiograph before The Badger could respond and turned back to the waiting # 34 as it warked. "yes, you and your brothers did contain the damage, wonderful job by the way, but I didn't want to take the chance of anyone intercepting the signal to tell him why we went. I'm still banned from any experimentation on the undead in New Babbage, fortunatly Victor's kept the heat off me the last few times. I doubt the people in that city would understand that I'm not transporting zombies into the city, I'm transporting a new formula for the cure, the number of times the virus mutated and all, did you know it infected fossils too? zombie dinosaurs were roaming the city! " Grendel shrugged, " Though the dinosaurs themselves might have been Mornington's doing, I still have some suspisions about that one. anyway, for all the doctors in new Babbage, few of them are actually practicing medical experts, likely don't realize viruses change, mutations do happen. fotunatly I had kept a sample of the original virus and incubated it in lab B, no, all that it would be likely to infect there is flesh and blood pengi, it can't infect automotons. But I was able to keep up with it's mutations and synthesize an antivirus in preperation for this year. The first part's been distributed through the city already, it will handle last year's strain, this formula is for this year's strain, it had mutated as the sample in the lab predicted it would, to be more resistant." The pengi interrupted with a series of mechanized warks, Grendel waited as it finished, taking a wrench and tightening a bolt. "Oh no, everyone by now likely already had their shots, I doubt you can get any babbagers to agree to have another once they've set their collective mind against it. This formula is in an aerosol form, THAT is why we're not going strait to the docking tower in Palisades and are instead flying over the city, and why I need you to get the others to stop slacking and get the hoses assembled to the undercarriage." He finished adjusting the conigator on the short construct and it waddled off to the cargo hold under the airship. "I'm not going to have people show up with torches and pitchforks shortly after I come back, they always blame the ghouls for zombie plauges."

No comments:

Post a Comment